Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Squash Those Soup Cravings

Got a craving for soup? Cold weather got you wanting something warm and nourishing? Make what I made for lunch the other day. It was really easy. I used a microwave-safe casserole dish with a cover. I combined one 15 oz. can organic butternut squash, one 12 oz. can evaporated milk, garlic powder and salt to taste, a dash of pepper, and a dash of ginger. I microwaved the whole thing with the cover on for seven minutes, stirred, and enjoyed! It was delicious, quick and healthy too! If you don't have ginger, you could substitute nutmeg or sage. Both taste great with squash.

I hope this simple soup recipe hits the spot. Anyone else have a speedy, effortless soup recipe to share?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Zengirl @ Heart and Mind said...

I love soup in winter. I love cooking but I usually do not cook in microwave so I do not have any speedy microwave recipe to share.

I love butternut squash though and it makes a great soup. I love carrot, and ginger soup too with little onions and garlic..

Betsy Bargain said...

Anon,

I hope you like it!

Zengirl,

I love carrot soup too! And it tastes really great with ginger.