Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday Booty

Ok, I got your attention, but that's not what I meant at all. Get your mind out of the gutter! I'm talking about all the free stuff you can get from companies on your birthday.

If you like Starbucks, just register a gift card with them, and you'll get a free drink on your birthday. If you keep reloading and using the same card, you will earn a star with each visit. When you reach 30 stars, you will get a free drink every 15 visits, as well as on your birthday. There are other benefits too, which you can read up on at the website.

I like to browse around at this cool store called Anthropologie. It's expensive, so I rarely buy anything there, but I signed up for their club. Last year on my birthday they sent me a cool little sewing kit. This year they sent me the cutest necklace made out of a birthday candle. If you live near an Anthropologie store, you should sign up.

Join the email lists of all the restaurants you regularly dine at. Many of them will send you a coupon for a free dinner or dessert on your birthday. Sometimes they require that another meal be purchased, but you're probably not eating out alone anyway.

Ice cream chains such as Baskin Robbins, Coldstone Creamery and Dairy Queen typically offer a free cone on your birthday. This year with the economy being bad I got a buy-one-get-one coupon from Dairy Queen, which I thought was a little cheap considering those type of coupons are often found in the local paper anyway.

Check with all of your local movie theaters, since many of them offer a free movie or snack bar item on your birthday. If you rent movies, many of the rental chains offer a free rental on your birthday with membership.

Ski resorts typically offer a free lift ticket on your birthday (or a free ride for summer birthdays) and many golf courses give you a free round of golf.

Local bowling alleys will usually give you a free game on your birthday. They may require you to rent shoes, though.

Speaking of shoes, I found a coupon in my email from Payless offering me a 20% discount on a pair of shoes during my birthday month. Not a bad discount if you needed a pair anyway.

Someone just told me Krispy Kreme offers a dozen free doughnuts on your birthday. I hope so, since mine's coming up soon! I know Dunkin' Doughnuts gives you a free medium drink on your special day.

Don't forget to use your junk email address when you sign up for all these freebies. Otherwise, your regular email will be full of ads all year! Register with all the stores and restaurants you normally visit, and I promise when your birthday rolls around, you will have all sorts of offers!

If you know of any birthday freebies not mentioned here, please leave a comment and let us all in on them!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Islands!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That reminds me I didn't get my dozen doughnuts...Did get a free donut for national donut day tho

Betsy Bargain said...

Anon 1, I used to get a free sandwich from Islands every year on my birthday. This year they didn't send anything!

Anon 2, I didn't get a dozen doughnuts either. Maybe they aren't doing it anymore.

Zengirl @ Heart and Mind said...

Betsy,

I have tried kid's club at Chuck-e-cheese for my son, but I did not know such a services existed for adults too. Humm, will check it out soon. You always have some neat ways to save money and special deals. Thanks for sharing.

Betsy Bargain said...

Zengirl,

Glad I could let you know about some birthday freebies you weren't aware of. Hope you get lots of great free stuff on your birthday!

Zengirl @heart and mind said...

Betsy,

Wow, liking a new look for the site!!
Cool!

Zengirl @heart and mind said...

Btw, I am following you! I mean your blog! FYI.

Betsy Bargain said...

Zengirl,

Thanks for following me. Glad you like the new look!